Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Locked out at midnight


Well the wonderful exterminator came last night and sprayed to help take care of my bug problem. However i had to stay out of the house until about 10:30 to let the fumes dissipate. I went over to Jacob and Tiff's with Ranger and had a wonderful evening. After having a lovely night of relaxing, having ice cream, talking a walk and watching The Bachelorette with the Neighbors' i headed home to my humble abode to assess the insect situation. When i had left at around 7:00 I left my keys in the house not thinking the exterminator would lock the house when he was done. However, when i arrived home at 11:45 pm the bottom door lock was locked. I called my neighbor who had a key, woke her up, however she couldn't locate her key. I then proceeded to call and wake my parents up, to ask for advice. I tried to deftly use a bobby pin like i was some sort of spy/assassin breaking in, however i do not possess such lock picking skills as i found out. I searched every place my Dad thought he might have an extra key ( mind you this is all in pitch black, the back porch light wasn't on, so the only light I had was from my cell phone). Someone borrowed or stole our ladder in the garage so instead i had to stack a plastic lawn chair with a wooden foot stool on top of it precariously to pull the screen off the window and boost the window open while then shimmying inside.


It was quite the ordeal. Didn't have a problem with bugs last night, for heaven's sake i hope they are gone tonight!
Here is the open window right after i crawled in it. Sheesh. Only Mollie.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Mollie!!! That is SO funny! You can always call me anytime. Remember I have three empty rooms now. Stay ANY time you EVER need to. It would be very fun too. I can't even believe that story, but I'm so glad you were able to finally get in. :)

Emily A said...

Can I just say how very fitting it is that you of all people would have to break into your own house! I mean really you are the queen of all things stalkerish! HEHE!

miss ya!
Em

Michelle said...

Sounds like you are gaining some serious skills in your adult life! This isn't the first post about shimmying through a window. :)

Nicole said...

I would have loved to see that, a credit card also works well to slide between the door jam it kinda ruins your card though.

Lindsay said...

You absolutely, positively crack me up!!

Hope your bugs are still "gone!"

Unknown said...

The neighbor that you called would like you to know that about 1 am she came fully awake and wondered if you were sleeping on the porch! I ran over. You weren't on the porch or in your car. I figured you weren't dead and or hadn't been picked up by the police for breaking and entering either so therefore went back home and went back to sleep. N-A-T-S