Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sandwich Saga part 2


Many of you might recall my sandwich story from about a month ago. The sandwich war that was fought. Sandwich down. Well, on Tuesdsay another such story occurred. Once again for the board meeting i was asked to get sandwiches, so i did...but THIS time i was thinking ahead and asked the sandwiches to be cut ahead of time! So smart:)
With those plastic trays carrying the sandwiches, it's important to hold them from the bottom so the weight of the sandwiches doesn't detach the top of the tray and the sandwiches do not fall into peril.
As i was walking out to the car the top of the sandwich tray started to come apart from the bottom. I thought, no worries, i can attach it back together with a snap in the car. Since the top was off, i decided to help myself to one of the smaller sandwiches on the side ( since i myself was going in to a meeting and wouldn't be out for about an hour and a half). I enjoyed my tasty bit of sandwich and then tried to attach the top plastic part back to the bottom....it wouldn't fasten. It had to be on a FLAT surface to fasten together correctly. Problem. It would appear to the rest of the meeting that i had been into the sandwiches if i came back to the office with the top of the tray askew. I tried everything i could...sitting the tray awkwardly in my lap, sitting it on the passenger seat next to me...nothing worked. It would not fasten together....Finally i had to get out of my car and in the parking lot of Safeway..set the tray on the ground of the parking lot and fasten it. It fastened with a quick snap and i was on display for all of Hermiston, crouching on the ground fastening a sandwich tray together.
Sheesh. At least no sandwich wars were fought on this front...and i got to eat a tasty sandwich out of the deal:)

No comments: