Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sonnets and Subbing

Yesterday i had the pleasure of subbing for Pearl Harn at the High school! I had three periods of her Language Arts classes, and loved every second of them:) They were great kids and we got to study LITERATURE! My fav!!! Anyway during their writing time, i picked up a book of sonnets on Pearl's desk and did some enjoyable reading.....i found this sonnet and it really resonated in me and stuck with me through the day...i decided to write it in here... I just feel like it really is what love is all about...true love. It's an "ever fixed mark" not easily shaken and proven through the tests of time....

Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved,

I never writ, nor no man ever loved.




1 comment:

Diane said...

I LOVE Mrs. Harn, please tell her hi for me if you ever see her!