Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Well I'm officially 25 today!!!

My day started out with a WONDERFUL call from my parents singing our traditional birthday "mananitas" song! It brought tears to my eyes....well laughter then tears. See my Mom makes my Dad sing with her every year, and Dad hates to sing..so he kind of fades in and out as Mom sings. Then I hear Mom saying "WAYNE, SING"..and they both just start laughing....I love my family!
I always just get overwhelmed with love on my birthday...my family on the phone this morning, reaffirming over and over how proud they are of me and how much they cherish and love me. Then my brother texting me "Happy Bird Day" ( those who watch the office will get that joke!) And then as i start my morning, teaching summer school, my phone keeps popping up birthday text messages from my wonderful friends! I truly am blessed...
I was thinking on all these things as i sipped my birthday quad shot iced hazelnut latte from Starbucks this morning ( along with a FREE pumpkin scone for my BIRTHDAY)!
I actually woke up at exactly midnight this morning, and was washed in God's presence. I just prayed and released this next year to him. Whatever he has for me, future plans, future friendships, future relationships, future career, it's all in his hands...and it's the only place i want to be!
As i said above, i am blessed beyond measure!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Day to you!!! I loved turning 25... hope you have a GREAT year!

Lindsay said...

Oh Mollie - Happy Happy Birthday!!

May your next trip around the sun be AMAZING!!

Love to you today birthday girl!

p.s. My mom & dad call me too... I'll never out-grow that!

Angela said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLL DOLL!!!

Nicole said...

Have an AWESOME day Happy Birthday Mollie

Emily A said...

Miss Mollie!

I am so glad to hear that you had a good birthday today.

I am sad that you and sarah and amy aren't around this summer so we can't all do dinner like we did last year!

Love and Miss you!
Em

Tiffany said...

Yay! I'm so you had fun for your birthday dinner! :o)