Monday, February 2, 2009

Musings and Merriment

I had the wonderful pleasure of hosting Ethan ( my man friend as i call him, we aren't "boyfriend/girlfriend" but we are more than just friends. I dubbed him, "man friend" he doesn't like it very much:) It was a VERY fun weekend however. Ethan and my cousin Scott and his wonderful girlfriend Lauren all arrived Friday night! We headed to my FAVORITE restaurant "Taste of Thai" and then came back and all snuggled up in the den and watched Lucky Number Slevin...very fun!!
I just LOVE being a hostess...i turn into super host when people are in the house. I was up at 7:00 am Saturday morning, made home made cranberry muffins with fresh fruit and fresh coffee. I laid out plates and napkins, did laundry, laid out fresh towels and just breathed in the fresh morning air of NOT having to rush off to work! After breakfast we frolicked out at McNary dam with Scott and Lauren's golden retriever Kona and had lunch at Hales! The evening ended up with all of us attending the Melonville Comedy Festival at the conference center and heading to the Pheasant afterwards for some good old fashioned Hermiston fun!
Sunday Ethan went to church with me which was so fun! He met Trevor and Joy ( pastors) and got to finally meet Tiff and Jacob ( he feels like he knows them i talk about them so much) and Whit and Gary! All in all, great weekend..
I'm subbing at the High School today and then heading home at 3:30 when school is out to take a long and well deserved nap...
Being the hostess is SO much fun, but napping in a quiet house once company is gone is oh so relaxing and wonderful!
Hope your Monday is BLESSED!!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Man friend and Woman friend.

:o) RLYL